Plans We Offer
- 401(k) Plans
- 403(b) Plans
- Cash Balance Plans
- Simplified Employer Pension (SEP) Plans
- Simple IRA Plans
Plan Governance is the overarching term used for managing legal risks, ensuring the plan is operating efficiently and properly, structuring the plan to maximize positive experiences and encourage participation, and ensure plan expenses are sensible and fair for the services provided. When you choose Northern Capital Retirement Services, you gain a partner to assist with ensuring your plan is compliant with the ever-changing regulations surrounding retirement plan administration.
- We give guidance on the best practices for governance.
- We encourage your employees to participate in the plan.
- We keep evidence of your plan's governance carefully documented.
- We keep a close eye on plan expenses to make sure they are sensible and fair.
All Plan Fiduciaries are responsible for documentation to some degree. Documentation must be accurate and accessible. This documentation also proves invaluable during an audit of the plan by the Department of Labor.
- We make sure your plan has an appropriate Investment Policy Statement.
- We outline a prudent process for selecting plan investments.
- We monitor the plan to make sure it follows the Investment Policy Statement.
- We document the education provided to participants about their plan options.
We manage retirement plans using the technology of Fi360, a software solution that provides us with the analytics we need to recommend, select, and monitor your plan's investments.
- We monitor your investment options on an ongoing basis.
- We recommend an initial menu and periodic changes as a 3(21) Investment Consultant, or you may choose to have us discretionarily select investments and execute replacements on your behalf, as a 3(38) Investment Manager.
- We document reviews and recommendations, so you can demonstrate a prudent standard of care as expected by the Department of Labor.
The primary thing that sets us apart at Northern Capital Retirement Services is our commitment to educating you and your team about their plans — we even include individual financial planning services for all your plan's participants.
Would you like to see a proposal?
If you're shopping around, let us put together a proposal for your business. Our fees are competitive, and our service is exceptional.
View our company disclosures.
If you want to learn more about how we operate, just let us know and we'll send you a copy of our ADV Part 2A brochure.